Monday, July 13, 2009

3 New awards from Sans, Marsha and Mary!!

I got several awards in the past week or so and I finally have time to sit down and address them all. Thank you all so much for them!!! The Addams Family says thanks too!

The first award was from Sans! She gave me the Reader Award which is so fitting to come from her as I LOVE all her stories. She translated the title to mean "Passages of the Story" which I agree is a really cool phrase.




For the reader award I have to grab the book closest to me and read the 5th sentence on page 161. So here goes.... I have a fun coffee table book near me called "The Hollywood Guide to Romance". There is only one sentence per page and no page numbers... so i am just gonna pick a page towards the back and tell you the sentence... they are generally pretty funny :)

"Try to keep those rituals of daily hygiene out of sight so that your partner can continue unhindered to worship you as a deity" - hahaha

*******

My second award came from Marsha! Thank you so much Marsha! I love the look of this one - haha!
For this award I am supposed to tell 10 things about myself.... that y'all don't know. Soooo lets see....
1. My second and third toe on each foot are somewhat connected to look like a 'Y'. It's a hereditary thing because my mom has it.
2. I met my husband online :) - hehe
3. I used to live in the Carribean
4. My wedding had a 50's touch to it... tea-length dress, rat-pack music, and rootbeer floats!
5. My husband and I just recently formed obsessions with Bonsai's (we have two on the mantel)
6. I collected elephants all through my childhood - I have a HUGE collection
7. I could eat pizza for every meal! I know that's bad!
8. When I was young I had a horse sit on me... and break my leg!
9. My husband is mowing the lawn right now.....
10. There is a green sauce at a Restarant called "Los Cucos" that rocks my world. I am craving it right now....

*******

And my third award was the Bella Sinclair Award from Mary! Thank you so much Mary!! I am glad we can all inspire each other! This award comes along with this note:

Ces wrote, "I designed this award to celebrate art in the blogs and to honour the value of friendship, sisterhood, sharing and caring. It is to be awarded to the gifted , accomplished, eloquent and talented blogger, whose friendship and influence inspire us to do our best. That I named it after Bella Sinclair is because she epitomises all of these things."


Thank you all so much. It means so much to me that you guys would think of me when giving out awards! And now to pass these on to some other bloggers I know! Since they've built up on my (I know - my bad)... I will give each out to two bloggers I know....

For the Readers Award, I would like to pass it to:

Eileen of the blog Eileen Sedgwick. All of her creations seem to have a base in some sort of history or art so I figure it'd be interesting to know what's in her library!!!

Inhae of My Milk Toof. I don't think she does awards but just wanted to highlight her blog seeing as she tells wonderful stories with a single photo! She's been doing a summer series this past week. It's too cute!

For the Honest Scrap Award:

Eliza at Wasting Gold Paper. She just got a beautiful new house that I am excited to see come together!! Also make sure you scroll to see her breath-taking painting skills!

Sumaiya Mehreen at The Fantasy Forest. She finds the most beautiful eye candy!!! Please check out this blog but be prepared to stay awhile!

For the Bella Sinclair Award:

Tara at The Dollhouse at Pooh Corner. Tara has been so helpful to me in searching for things for the Addams Family! She always has an eye out for them! She just sent me a wonderful package you will see in a future post! check out her fantastic Pooh Dollhouse!

Kate at The Whittaker's Miniatures. It's been great getting to know Kate lately! And she has such wonderful imaginitive projects going on right now! Her creativity is never ending!


6 comments:

  1. 10 hilarious things about you got my boyfriend wondering why I am giggling so much!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE the green sauce at Los Cucos! It really is the best anywhere, ever!

    Now I'm hungry . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ara, congrats on your awards! So well deserved!!

    I REALLY enjoyed learning more about you! Ohhhhh, your wedding sounds like it was so much FUN, we're going to rock around the clock tonight . . . . oh, yah, man, I'd like a Red Stripe beer please! Lucky lucky you, living in the Carribean!!!

    Hugs,
    Marsha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww...Thank you for the award! :D ... I collect elephants also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Ara, thankyou Sooooo much! What a wonderful award! Just got back today from a week away so trying to catch up with things, and so many blog postings weve missed!! When the horried washing and unpacking is done Ill be sure to post this award on our page and pass it on. Thankyou again for your kind words, the feeling is mutual. Look out for parcel No '1' on its way from Dorset England!! Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. p.s forgot to say Ara, love those facts that no one knows about you, great fun! And SNAP on the pizza front. I ate pizza practically breakfast, lunch and dinner when pregnant with all 3 girls, ( not with the boys for some reason!!) . Im still obsessed with them! On holiday I had pizza 3 days running and had to reassure poor John that NO Im not pregnant, just love the Dorset pizza takeaway so much!!lol Kate xx

    ReplyDelete